About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Liquid Sky Lacquer Teal It Like It Is


"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."

-T. E. Lawrence

Polish Review: This lovely polish is Liquid Sky Lacquer's Teal It Like It Is (TILIS). It is a thermo-holographic, which means it has holographic pigment in it AND it changes from a dark teal when your hands are cool to a warm teal when your hands are warm. As such, I had a load of fun with it. I'm a total sucker for teals, and this one was no exception.

First of all, I would just like to remark on how lovely the packaging was when it arrived- it was in its very own matching bag!! Such a beautiful "present"!! I really, really loved the coordinated touch of the matching bag.

Ooooh, a Liquid Sky Lacquer present just for me! ;) 


The polish itself was lovely in the bottle, so I put it on within an hour of its arrival, which is a very rare occurrence for me! It did not disappoint. Application was smooth and easy. Two thin coats only! I used my butter LONDON top and base coat with it. It dried stunningly fast as well, which was a nice surprise too. And the color changed to the warm color as it dried (guess my hands were warm that day!).  I'll also say I've worn it 3 days straight so far, without any wear or chips!! My left hand has a weak middle nail right now (it broke and is too short for my liking), so I am going to show you one picture of my left hand and all the rest will be of my right, which overall, I liked better.

Liquid Sky Lacquer Teal It Like It Is with my bum left hand!

How well does it change color? Well, very well, and constantly for me- someone who is almost always holding a cold drink... In the above photo you can see my nails are the light teal, as my hand is warm, but the tips, which are exposed to the air are a bit darker, where it is cooler. This is what they look like 90% of the time, which looks like I am an ombre pro!! With no effort on my part... I LOVE this look. It's a subtle change from warm to cool most of the time, and it just looks gorgeous!!

Now, for the more dramatic change pics... Here is inside and then outside in the shade (it's really cloudy here).

Color shift in TILIS indoors

Color shift in TILIS outside with clouds

I could not get it to stop being cloudy over the last few days (and it still is today), so I had to use indoor light to get a pic of the holo, which is obvious, even in the indoors!!!

Check out the holo on the cold color of TILIS!!!


And oooh lala! That gorgeous holo with the effortless ombre of a thermo polish!


Just another photo to help capture the holo goodness of TILIS!

Final thoughts: This is definitely one of my new favorite polishes. It is gorgeous on, and applies like a dream!! Carolyn has a real hit on her hands here. I'm a huge fan of teal right now, and this just hit the jackpot- an effortless ombre, fun color changes, gorgeous holographic... I can't gush enough about this gorgeous polish!!

If you want your own, check out Liquid Sky Lacquer on facebook or buy it at her shop, here!  This one is a beauty!!

Please note: This polish was purchased by me at a discount for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3