About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Friday, October 11, 2013

Liquid Sky Lacquer Margaritaville


“People often do a good deed without hope of reward, but for an evil deed they always demand payment.”

- L. Frank Baum, The Emerald City of Oz

Polish Information: This beauty is Liquid Sky Lacquer's Margaritaville. It is a thermal holographic that shifts from a light green when warm to a beautiful emerald green when cool. Honestly, the color in the bottle (cold color) had me from the get-go. It's just the PERFECT emerald green holographic. And of course, color changing is a ton of fun! It applied really easily- this is two coats with butter LONDON top and base coat. It dried at a normal speed (slower than the other thermal holos I had from her, but normal dry time- about 10 minutes and I was good to go).  It was a perfect consistency as well. Two coats was full coverage.

Here it is in its adorable matching bag!

Margaritaville bottle shot plus mani!

Margaritaville bottle shot plus mani!
To give you an idea of the shift (which on me is constantly shifting), here it is with the bottle indoor, plain indoor, and outdoor with a bit of shade (the holo made it harder to focus):

Margaritaville shift!

Margaritaville shift indoors!

Margaritaville shift outdoors with a little shade!
And finally just some other shots to show the usual look with half shifting (due to air being colder than skin) and a shot with flash to get some holo to show up!

Margaritaville doing its thang!

And another for fun!

Finally a shot with the flash!
Final thoughts: I LOVED this color changer. I wore it for two days, and I still didn't want to take it off (and no chipping! I did get an indent from some sharp metal edges of containers on my index finger that you can see in the shots I took after), but seriously, this thermal holographic was a dream!! I loved it!!! It was gorgeous, easy, and such a lovely emerald color that became a fun brighter green color!

If you want your own, and I think you probably do, check out Liquid Sky Lacquer on facebook or buy it at her shop, here!  This one is a beauty!!

Please note: This polish was provided to me for my honest review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3