About Me

I have long been interested in gorgeous nails, and just decided to start sharing photos of what I do! Please be kind! :) Also, if you just like mug and polish photos, check out the tumblr version! morningnailspiration.tumblr.com If you would be interested in having me review your products, send me an email at morningnailspiration (at) gmail (dot) com. When I review products, I usually do 1-2 polishes in a post and wear them for at least 24 hours (for wear tests) before snapping photos. My turn around time on polishes is currently under a week!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Painted Polish District 4



“The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't.”

-Christopher Paolini, Eragon

Painted Polish's District 4 with the cute Hunger Games themed bag imprint


Polish Information: This is Painted Polish's District 4 from her Hunger Games inspired collection. She describes it as "'District 4' is known among the districts of Panem for their vast fishing industry. The ocean blue jelly polish resembles the sea depths and sparkles with round and hex emerald green and blue glitters." This polish, although a jelly, was very nicely pigmented, so it was closer to a creme than a jelly. It was very nearly opaque after only one coat! I did two to make sure I wouldn't have a visible nail line, but I really didn't have to. Somehow, despite the opacity, you can still see the glitters in it, and they are lovely! I keep looking at it at different angles and it kind of has me fascinated, like looking into a pool of glittery fish- I would say her description was spot on!

Painted Polish's District 4 with the cute Hunger Games themed bag imprint


As far as application goes, it was great! It went on smoothly and opaquely. Also nice was that despite the deep blue color, there was no staining on my cuticles where I messily slathered it on (especially on my Cinderella hand- those cuticles really get well covered). It seems like most colors this deep blue stain, but not District 4! (I would still wear a base coat with it- just in case!- but I was impressed.) The big glitters were a little stubborn, but I actually really liked just the little ones- they gave it an ethereal look. It was a very hungry glitter though, so I used three coats of my top coats, very thickly (two coats of Color Club top coat and one coat of Julep freedom), and it was still slightly rough to the touch, but not enough that I would put any more top coat on it. Now, on to the picspam- these are at a few angles/different lighting to try to capture the polish better!

Painted Polish's District 4

Painted Polish's District 4

Painted Polish's District 4

Painted Polish's District 4

Painted Polish's District 4

Painted Polish's District 4

Painted Polish's District 4

Painted Polish's District 4


Final thoughts: I'm actually not a dark polish person, but this one had me changing my mind, honestly! The glitters lighten it up, and give it so much depth that it's really a fascinating color. Application was great, but the glitters were very hungry, so expect to use a lot of topcoat if you like a smooth nail! This one definitely captured the water that District 4 is known for, and all-in-all, it was a winner!

As a note, this polish was sent to me for my honest review; all opinions are my own. If you'd like to get your own, and most Hunger Games fans probably do, please check out Painted Polish on facebook or head straight to her shop here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are much appreciated! I'd love to know what you think, but please keep it clean and respectful! Thank you! <3